Can’t decide what to get mom for Mother’s Day? Whether it’s your wife or your mom give her a little getaway! A vacation doesn’t have to consist of a plane ticket or driving hours, it could be found in your own city, or a city over! I know this is Texas, so that can mean up to an hour away if it’s a city over, but I promise it will be well worth it. Mom is always working, whether her 9-5 or around the house, and kids, if you have them. I know how hard it is to sit down and relax at home, it seems like there is always something to do! Why not treat mom to a little staycation, take the kids…or don’t, your call, but take a short little drive and spend the weekend relaxing and spending some quality time together! We have compiled some awesome places to take mom to for the day or weekend!
1. Ham’s Orchard- This cute little place in Terrell lets you pick your own fruit. Maybe it’s just me because I love being outside, but spending the day picking fruit in an orchard and checking out their market then grabbing some BBQ at the pavilion out back sounds pretty awesome! They serve BBQ Monday- Saturday from 11am-4:30pm and their market has some of the best tasting jams, dressings, salsas, and a selection of “no sugar added” jellies. They also have pecans, ice cream, cider, and more! Life is so fast and hectic, let mom enjoy a much slower paced day.
2. Spa Day- Who doesn’t love a day at the spa. Head over to Dallas and book a room at the Joule. This boutique style hotel offers exclusive shops like TenOverSix and Traffic LA. They have an 8,000 sq ft. subterranean spa and a neighboring fitness center that offers yoga. If mom goes right after a shower with her hair wet she will get a complimentary blow out (blow dry styled hair, for men who are reading this) and a glass of champagne after her massage. Exhale is another great place for a fantastic spa experience (spa only). Is your significant other a mother to be? Exhale offers prenatal massages relieving back stress and swollen hands and feet. They massage key points on the face and neck to alleviate neck pain and reoccurring headaches. Zaspa is located in ZaZa Hotel. This hotel offers one of a kind works of art and a Mediterranean accents. You definitely won’t feel like you’re in Dallas, but rather a Mediterranean resort when you stay here! While you are in Dallas take her to see the modern Perot Museum. Going without the kids? Check out this adult’s night out at the museum, adult beverages included! Spa Castle hotel and resort in Carrollton is sure to treat mom well. With amenities that consist of top of the line Bulgari bath products, iComfort Serta Prodigy Cool Action Gel Memory Foam beds, exotic Asian tea sets, and an incredible pool!
3. Great Wolf Lodge- Bring the family to Grapevine and pick between a log cabin, wolf den, or tent styled suite to stay in. Enjoy over 80,000 sq ft. of water park with slides, multiple pools, a water tree house, and all at a nice 80 degree temperature! Check out the ropes course, XD theater, and grab a bite to eat at the numerous fine dining options. From steak to pizza and sandwiches, there is something for everyone! Let everyone spend some quality time with mom!
4. Fort Worth- Do you like the down home feel of Fort Worth better? Maybe mom is into historical places. She will love to stay at the historic Ashton then. This hotel was built in 1915 by the Fort Worth Club. While you are there you can visit the stockyards for shopping or the Kimball Art museum!
5. The Sanford House Inn & Spa- Looking for a luxurious bed and breakfast? Located in historic downtown Arlington, TX.is The Sanford House. It has cottage suites and 2 bedroom villas, shops, and a full service spa.
Book one of these great staycations today before it’s too late!
Need someone to take care of the pets for the weekend? Look no further! We offer your pets a one of a kind staycation right in their own home!